By Jim Jones
*As an Amazon Associate and AimControllers Affiliate GamingTopTens earns from qualifying purchases
Fortnite is a very competitive game that requires perfect timing and fewer errors if you’re going to be winning matches. Hence, the use of clumsy and basic controllers isn’t the best approach to playing the game.
If you’re looking to have a competitive advantage, you will need to make use of the best pro controllers which will give you better accuracy and precision to beat your competition. With the best pro controllers, you will be able to easily gain the advantage in the battle royale regardless of the console you’re playing on.
However, with so many controllers to choose from, how do you know you’re choosing the right one? Well, this guide brings to you the top 10 best pro controllers for Fortnite. We have selected these controllers based on their durability, performance, user rating, wired or wireless connectivity, and aiming ability. This is to ensure that you have a reliable controller that you can bank on at all times. Let’s begin!
If you’re a fan of the PS4 gaming system but appreciate the asymmetrical model of the Xbox controller, then the Pictek PS4 Controller might be just the ideal controller for you. The Pictek PS4 Controller works with PS4, PS3, Windows XP, Android 4.0 or above, and PC.
The Pictek PS4 Controller is a plug-and-play controller, hence no driver support is needed on Windows PC. Also, with Pictek being a wired controller, you don’t have to worry about the battery dying in the middle of a game and having to recharge any battery. The various modes of the controller are of distinct LED colors which makes it the best controller to utilize for numerous gaming platforms including Fortnite.
● Wired controller for safe connection
● Linear trigger design
● Share button for instant connection
● Audio port and microphone switch included
● Sensible vibration with double motors having feedback intensity of 8 levels
● Ergonomically modelled to be asymmetrical for smooth grip
● LED backlighting
● Turbo setting included
● Batteries don’t need to be charge
● No speaker
● Does not power on your gaming system
The eSwap Pro is a responsive, adaptable, and precise controller that is designed to offer an optimized experience across all gameplay including Fortnite. It is a versatile wired pro controller for both PC and the PS4 that will give your gaming the needed support to reach top-level performance and earn the best rating possible.
The very unique feature of the eSwap Pro controller is its adjustable positioning of the modules which allows you to swap modules and get the ideal configuration that best suits your playing style. Hence the name eSwap.
The controller’s ergonomics and shape are well crafted and designed to perfectly fit all gaming styles be it combat, battle royale, sports, RPG, and FPS/TPS.
● Industrial-grade components
● Interchangeable modules: configure your controller exactly the way you play!
● Comprised of PC software
● Unlimited modular ecosystem
● T-MOD technology and distinct Hot-Swap element
● Swapping modules is quick and simple
● Button presses are mechanical and clicky
● Weighty, which is similar to an Xbox One pad
● Poor aesthetic design
● Back buttons are sensitive and too small
The Scuf Prestige is a variation of the standard Xbox One gamepad. It has the same d-pad, buttons, button configuration, and standard shape as the Xbox One controller. However, the Scuf Prestige differs from the standard Xbox One gamepad with its internal Lithium-Ion battery pack feature which allows for recharge through Micro USB.
Weighing about 9.42oz, the Scuf Prestige is quite light and allows for a long play without any physical damage or stress to the hand.
● Paddle Control System: 4x removable paddles.
● Powerful lithium-ion battery
● Electro-Magnetic Remapping.
● Customizable Thumbstick Area.
● High-grade, rubberized grip
● Adjustable Hair Triggers.
● Works right out of the box
● Long battery life
● Comfortable design
● Simple to program
● No USB Type-C
● No onboard profiles
● Short Bluetooth range
The Razer Wolverine V2 is equipped with an ergonomic design which makes it perfect for both the Xbox and PC. This controller comes with a very stylish design and its handles are covered with thick, noticeably textured, rubberized grips for precise button interaction and improved grip.
Furthermore, with extra remappable buttons on the controller, you can easily customize it to suit your playing style and method.
● Mecha-Tactile Action Buttons for crisp feedback.
● Two trigger stops at the back allowing for a faster trigger response.
● Breakaway USB cable for durability
● Incredible ergonomics and build
● Soft Mecha-tactile switches
● Functions incredibly on PC and Xbox
● Not enough pro customization
● Non-detachable cable
The Scuf Impact is an incredible controller with remarkable options for personalization and customizability. If it’s comfort, customization, and precision you’re looking for, then Scuf Impact is your best bet.
The Scuf Impact allows users to take charge of their experience, remapping the game at great speed and modifying the controller functions. Tailored for optimized reach and perfect fit, the Scuf Impact provides wireless and wired connectivity, faster gameplay with more ease.
● 4x Interchangeable Paddles
● Increase Ergonomic Shape
● Cable Retention System
● Symmetric Thumbstick Layout
● Customizable Thumbstick Area
● Connectivity: Bluetooth (Wireless)
● Anti-friction Rings
● Battery: Up To 8 hrs
● Great feel and tactile response.
● On-the-fly remapping.
● Lots of customizability options.
● Difficult to quickly swap between control profiles.
● Expensive, however, other alternatives come close
● Trigger stops feeling inconsistent with the rest of the build quality
The Razer Wolverine Tournament Edition is an incredible controller that comes with a great deal of accessibility and extra functionality. It is a combination of Xbox One and PC gamepad having analog sticks, swappable direction pad, Razer Chroma colored lighting, and six programmable rear buttons.
A unique feature of the Razer Wolverine Tournament Edition is it’s extremely lightweight and above all, it is very comfortable to use and its design is quite alluring.
● Multi-function buttons
● 3.5 mm audio port for stereo audio output and microphone input
● Quick-release cable feature
● 4 Mecha-Tactile ABXY action buttons
● Trigger stops for rapid-fire
● Equipped with paddles and additional function buttons.
● Nice and decent l grips
● The headset adapter can’t connect to the bottom for on-controller audio controls.
The Nacon PS4 Controller is a wired controller designed particularly for competitive gamers in need of comfort and top-level performance. Its ergonomics design offers ultimate grip and control promoting long-hour gaming sessions.
The Nacon PS4 Controller works smoothly on PC and the PS4 offering a wide variety of customization options to create personal profiles and adapt to any game style.
● LED player status indicator
● No charging or syncing
● “Soft touch” surface for enhanced grip
● 3.5mm stereo headset jack
● The layout of the buttons is identical to that of the official DualShock 4 controllers.
● Some customers indicate that the controller is relatively small.
The Xbox Elite series 2 is arguably the best Microsoft controller ever made. The Elite 2 establishes a new standard for pro controllers on any gaming platform. It integrates various features to boost customization and comfort making it a pleasure to wield.
Its amazing quality, astounding battery life, and various customization options make it stand tall among competitions.
● 40 hours of battery life through USB-C charging
● Bluetooth Compatible with Xbox, PC, Phones, and Tablets
● 3.5mm Stereo Headphone Jack
● Rumble Motors, Customisable Attachments, and Impulse Triggers
● Comfortable rubberized grip
● More customization options
● Shorter hair-trigger locks
● Interchangeable sticks
● Rechargeable Wireless charging
● Small parts lack a premium feel
● Some may find it clunky
● D-pad isn’t the best in the market
The PowerA Fusion Pro Wired is an ideal pro controller for smooth gaming on the X|S, Xbox Series, PCC x 10, and Xbox One. The PowerA Fusion Pro Wired Controller has taken gaming to the next level, giving gamers a more competitive advantage via well-designed and features.
● Three-way trigger locks
● Mappable Pro Pack
● Anti-friction rings
● 3.5mm audio jack
● Magnetic impulse triggers
● Injected rubber grips
● Swappable analog sticks and faceplates
● Equipped with detachable, programmable rear paddles
● Comes with lots of accessories
● Decent build quality and feel
● PC connectivity is limited
● Limited control customization options
AimControllers is not a manufacturer but a modding house, hence, the quality of its controller is a little bit flexible. Controllers are usually designed or redesigned at AimControllers so you either send your gamepad to the modding house or buy a new one there.
All the mechanical and aesthetic customization you have in mind can be designed but you don’t always have to add everything so you can still have a simple gamepad at hand. And like all other custom work, the advantage is you always get what you request. However, a major drawback is usually the high cost of this customization.
Generally, AimControllers custom controllers are of decent quality build, with shell designs and patterns all crispy and gorgeous. Furthermore, these controllers come with several advantages such as;
● Remappable Paddles which gives better control
● Swappable Thumbsticks to give unbeatable adaptability.
● Smart Bumpers/Triggers which reduces travel time
● Flexible design options
Fortnite can be a hectic game. So, you will be doing more for yourself by getting one of these pro controllers which will not only make you feel comfortable and grippy but also improve your performance.
Furthermore, enjoying Fortnite is not only dependent on having a good gamepad. Acquiring complementary accessories also goes a long way in guaranteeing a good gaming experience.
- Is Restock Better Than Ghost Warzone? - July 9, 2022
- Is Newcastle Better Than Gibraltar in Apex Legends? - June 1, 2022
- Best Endgame Colossal Weapon in Elden Ring - May 27, 2022